19 February 2014

NaHaiWriMo prompt: baby

her dough rising
wherever life takes her
she's always my baby


days old
my friend's baby boy
already the spit


my nude pics
the kids laughing
at my baby album



Being a dad, I write a lot of dad-ku. A chapbook of dad-ku is currently in the planning stages in honour of my eldest's tenth year.

Having said that, I initially struggled with this prompt. I had Salt 'n' Pepa's Push It going through my head half the evening, "b-baby baybee," which didn't help.

'Days old' was written almost straight away. 'My nude pics' came to me before my bedtime and 'her dough rising' was a middle of the night tap-it-into-my-phone job, so I wouldn't forget it when I fell asleep again. "You'll always be my baby" is a phrase my daughters are probably tired of hearing.


No comments:

all works are copyright, © David Serjeant. If you plan to use any of the work here, I will probably have no problem with that if you credit me as the author, link to this blog and let me know first. Thank you!

background image: beeley moor spin photo © David Serjeant