10 February 2014

NaHaiWriMo prompt: bean

frosty morning
the steam rising from roofs
and my African coffee


I normally have the bones of the poem nailed before the end of the day, but I found this one tough. I grow vegetables on an allotment, so I was pondering the possibilities there last night. I even asked my youngest daughter (6) what she thought of when I said "bean."

"Mr Bean" came the reply, but couldn't work one out here without writing a desk haiku.

Luckily it was a clear cold night last night and the final pieces fell into place on my way into work

No comments:

all works are copyright, © David Serjeant. If you plan to use any of the work here, I will probably have no problem with that if you credit me as the author, link to this blog and let me know first. Thank you!

background image: beeley moor spin photo © David Serjeant